I didn’t realize how much I missed blogging for you guys so I’m glad HandmadeHealthy is back in action 🙂
This Friday, I had the wonderful pleasure of visiting with the friendly folks at 650 AM WSM‘s Nashville Today show. They do a special segment with my gal pal Brittany, called “Get Fit with Brit,” and during our segment we took a deep dive into… MY PURSE! hah
Brittany wanted to know, as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), what things do I pack in my purse to maintain a healthy lifestyle? See what we pulled out!
(1) KIND Fruit Bites in Mango Pineapple Apple. I LOVE unsweetened dried fruit guys. They don’t spoil easily and are a great alternative for when you want something sweet.
(2) Hand Sanitizer. DYK that a large percentage of food-borne disease outbreaks are spread by contaminated hands? Shut that sh&% down & always pack hani-sani for when washing your hands isn’t an option.
(3) Nuts. Roasted & unsalted nuts are another great option to carry because they don’t go bad in your bag, AND are full of fiber and heart-healthy fats. (You can keep the portions under control with your very own snack tin too!)
(4) Hydro Flask. Hydration it huge for your overall well-being. (We’re nearly 60% water after all!) So before you go in for a #snackattack, make sure you quench your thirst first. Good rule of thumb, you’re aiming for half your body in fluid ounces each day when it comes to staying hydrated.
(5) Single-Serve Biena Chickpea Snacks. Salty & crunchy is my thing guys. So when that craving hits this protein-packed snack keeps me satisfied until my next meal.
(6) DIY Tea Kit. When the weather turns cooler, I find that I want something else other than just plain water. So I put together this “diy tea kit” that contains: my favorite sweetener (isn’t that OmHoney bear so cute?), tea bags, and a spoon so I can easily brew something hot to sip.
(7) RXBAR Kids. These bars are a dietitian’s dream… simple ingredients, small in size, and ready for life on-the-go!
(8) doTERRA Essential Oils. [not pictured] I actually got this from one of my favorite yoga teachers at the Y (shout out to Erika!)… she always ended class with a refreshing cold towel infused with peppermint & eucalyptus oils. The smell reminds me to take a deep breath and relaxxx.
So that’s what was in my purse folks! Are there certain things you like to carry around to keep your healthy lifestyle going? Tell me in the comments below!
Also, if u want to catch a playback of the live show check it out here!