Whether your schedule just won’t allow you to make the trek home for the holidays OR you’re choosing to take some time for yourself, being alone this Christmas doesn’t mean being lonely! (And I can say this as an avid introvert.) But just to make sure you feel just as merry as every other soul this holiday, be sure to check-off all my to-do’s for the ultimate solo cozy Christmas:
1) COMFY CHRISTMAS CLOTHING: soft sweats + oversized cable knit cardi + pom pom beanie are essential!
2) HOLIDAY TIME TUNAGE: press play on my “A Comfy Christmas” playlist to set a merry mood
3) CINNAMON COFFEE: add ~1 tsp of cinnamon per cup of coffee to your coffee grounds & brew up something special
4) PHONE HOME: start the day off by giving gratitude to life’s true gifts… our loved ones (bonus points for FaceTiming!)
5) OPEN PREZZIES: get. into. those. goodies.
6) HEE HAW AT SOME HOLIDAY SHORTS: Mary Katherine Gallagher’s Little Drummer Boy and NPR’s Schweddy Balls never gets old!
7) GET A BREATH OF FRESH: bundle up & take a stroll to admire the last of the holiday decor
8) GIVE YOUR GIFTS A GO: have fun taking your new goodies for a test run
9) SEND THANKS: snap a quick pic of you & your gifts to send to your givers as way to say thanks
10) BAKE CHRISTMAS COOKIES: whether you make them from scratch or buy some break & bakes, decorate just a few & freeze the rest
11) ENJOY SOME TV TIME: you know your holiday is not complete unless you watch a) a really bad/good Lifetime Christmas movie, b) Home Alone, Christmas Vacation or Elf and c) A White Christmas or It’s A Wonderful Life
12) SIP SOME HOT CHOCOLATE: keep the cozy going with some hot cocoa
13) DO WHATEVER YOU WANT: take this time for yourself to do what you need to do to rest, rejuvenate, & get ready to ring in the New Year! — for ex./ read, re-organize, round-up recipes, etc.