Ever held a party in honor of a food? I did! I celebrated the amazing AVOCADO thanks to Around the Plate and the Hass Avocado Board.
We partied with this pretty tasty fruit by enjoying…
- BACON GUACAMOLE RECIPE (courtesy of the Hass Avocado Board)
- TURKEY PESTO PANINI (via Damn Delicious)
- SKINNY AVOCADO BROWNIES (via JelliBean Journals)
I also taught attendees HOW TO PICK AN AVOCADO and HOW TO CUT AN AVOCADO and I promise it’s much simpler than you think!
Avocados can absolutely be part of a health-conscious diet! Avocados…
- naturally contain “good” monounsaturated & polyunsaturated fats
- they’re a healthy substitute for saturated fats (ex/. butter, cheese) — studies show replacing saturated fat with unsaturated fat is MORE effective in reducing risk of heart disease than simply lowering total fat intake
- are cholesterol-free
- are sodium-free
- and are very low in sugar (even though it’s a fruit!)
Need additional avocado info? Be sure to visit loveonetoday.com for loads of avocado-y resources just for you!
Disclaimer: Although I did receive financial compensation for writing this post, all views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely and entirely my own and based on my own unique experiences. For nutrition information on avocados, please be sure to visit the LoveOneToday.com website.