Hope you’ve been handling this hades-like heat better than me… I practically dream of cold, creamy ice cream cones in my sleep and wake-up in the morning so sad it wasn’t real! I think I have a problem haha.
Any who… you may have heard of the James Beard Blended Burger Project — an effort focused on delivering healthier, happier for the planet burgers made with beef and… mushrooms! A couple of restaurants in Nashville have taken on the challenge and so am I. Cue my beautiful burger montage introducing my Better-for-You Mushroom Beef Burger! It’s so simple you guys.
Gorgeous oyster mushrooms!
Juicy mushroom beef patties!
- 1/4 lb. Bloomin' Shrooms oyster mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 lb. Triple L Ranch ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 oz. Kenny's Farmhouse Cheese in Jalapeno Jack, sliced
- 1/2 loaf Dozen Bakery French Country Sourdough, sliced & toasted
- 2 stalks Delvin Farms green onions, chopped
- 1 Old School Farm yellow tomato, sliced thick
- In a large bowl, add the mushrooms, ground beef, garlic, Worcestershire, and soy sauce and combine with your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts and form into burger patties.
- On medium-high heat, cook the patties until desired doneness.
- Remove from the patties from heat and top with cheese.
- Once cheese is melted, sprinkle the patties with green onions.
- Assemble your burgers between 2 slices of bread and with a fresh tomato.
- Enjoy with your favorite condiments!
These burgers come out sooo juicy, friends! If you ever have issues with dried out burger patties, mushrooms are your secret ingredient. Not to mention, they also add a lot of nutrition to a sometimes not-so-healthful favorite.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy mushrooms? Tell me in the comments below!
Pst! Like this recipe? Check out my other 12 South Farmers Market recipe creations here.
DISCLOSURE: This post is sponsored by the 12 South Farmers Market. I was compensated for my time the products mentioned in this post. All opinions stated are my own.