HEALTHY APPLE PIE ROLL-UPS
How is your fall starting off? It’s still super warm here in Nashville so it feels like summer is still with us.
It’s been a little while since I’ve posted because I’ve been doing a lot of fun travel this September so I’m excited to be back to share more tips, tricks and recipes here with you on HandmadeHealthy!
We have been celebrating all things apple here in Middle Tennessee so I’m pumped to be highlighting a healthy and fun recipe I think the whole family will love.
- 2 Shade Tree Farm Jonagold apples, skinned & diced
- 2 small Beaverdam Creek Farm butternut squashes, skinned & diced
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons Hazy Haven Treeblossom honey
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 22 Santos corn tortillas, warmed
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the apples, butternut squash, water, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, corn starch, and honey.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, until pieces are soft.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover a few tortillas with a damp paper towel and warm in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- While still warm, fill the tortilla with ~3 spoonfuls of the apple and squash mixture. Place on a lined baking sheet with the seam side down.
- Repeat steps 4-5 until all tortillas are filled.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Combine the sugar and remaining cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Brush the melted butter on top of each roll-up and sprinkle generously with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool to enjoy!
**NOTE: Need help with peeling and dicing your butternut squash? Check out these tips from HuffPo.)
I just love how this recipes includes not only high-fiber apples, but also another fall favorite, butternut squash, which is high in vitamin A and C! Enjoy this healthier treat as is or with low-fat Cool Whip, low-fat vanilla yogurt or fro-yo.
What’s your favorite fall treat?
Pst! Like this recipe? Check out my other 12 South Farmers Market recipe creations here.
DISCLOSURE: This post is sponsored by the 12 South Farmers Market. I was compensated for my time the products mentioned in this post. All opinions stated are my own.