I think it’s safe to say we all have spring fever. Warmer weather just could not some soon enough! And for those of you who get to break away from the daily grind, I have just a few tips to ensure you have a healthy & happy spring break:
- PACK SNACKS: portable, shelf-stable goodies are always reliable (like whole-grain cereal & crackers, unsalted nuts, tuna packed in water, individual PBs, dried fruit)
- KEEP HYDRATION HANDY: the fluids should be flowing no matter if you’re on the road or in the air — ladies aim for at least 91 ounces per day and gents at least 125 ounces per day of low or no-calorie drinks.
- STICK TO A SCHEDULE: skipping meals & snacks will only leave you feeling hangry and set you up for overeating later on
- SAMPLE & SAVOR: allow yourself to enjoy small servings of extra special eats instead of depriving yourself of these tasty treats
- SLATHER ON SUNSCREEN: while 10-15 minutes of sunshine can provide your body with Vitamin D, too much sun exposure can be harmful to your health. Look for a lotion that’s water-resistant, “broad-spectrum” to protect you from both UVA & UVB rays with an SPF of at least 15. (And remember to reapply!)
- “YOU BETTER MOVE, YOU BETTER DANCE”: You better listen to Pitbull & Ke$ha! Getting active whenever you will help you have the healthiest, happiest vacay yet.
Safe travels spring breakers!