I recently had the chance to visit L.A. for the very 1st time & I was NOT ready to come back home after my short trip! Don’t get me wrong, I love Nashville, but Californians are living the life – gorgeous weather, endless outdoor activities, food fare for every tastebud & craving, celebs to stalk whenever you please… Here are some highlights from my fun-filled jaunt:
- In-N-Out :: A must.
- Universal Studios CityWalk Hollywood :: Spotted my 1st “celeb” here, Tori Spelling, followed by the beautiful, Maria Menounos!
- CONAN Live with special guests Aziz Ansari, Deepak Chopra, & Adam Yenser :: En route to the studio we definitely were blocking Jon Cryer from something. (Pst! We also got to film a little of the next night’s show with Chris Helmsworth, Marc Maron & Gavin Degraw!)
- LA City Tour on the Rasta Bus :: This ended up being a great way to cover a lot of the popular L.A. sights & sounds without having to actually worry about navigating it all yourself (which could likely end in a death sentence if you’re not used to driving in L.A. traffic). Some of the sights included — Venice Beach, Sunset Blvd., Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Sunset Strip, the Farmers Market, The Grove, Hollywood Walk of Fame, Grauman’s Chinese Theater (which was holding a movie premiere for Tom Hank’s “Saving Mr. Banks”), Griffith Observatory (where you could see the Hollywood Sign & downtown L.A. skyline), & Rodeo Drive (where the Bugatti was seen & touched outside of Bijan). We started & stopped around Santa Monica Pier so it was a nice location to do some extra exploring at Third Street Promenade.
- Newport Landing Whale Watching :: We only saw dolphins, but it was still a beautiful beautiful outing! Be sure to wear layers & bring snacks.
- Huntington Beach :: Wished we could have spent the day here soaking up the sun, but we had an agenda to see the Queen Mary later (honestly not the best).
- Din Tai Fung :: Tasted their infamous Juicy Pork Dumplings (which I discovered the specific technique for eating) & I really loved their Shanghai Rice Cake (noodles) with Pork. So chewy, so yummy!
- Half & Half Tea House :: OMG the most delicious boba tea I’ve ever had!
- The Huntington Library, Art Collections, & Botanical Gardens :: Serious fabulous flora & a superb way to get a lot of steps.
- Daiso Japan :: My reaction when I walked into this store, “This place is heaven!!!” These $1.50 – $3.00 goodies were so kawaii I could have died.
- King Hua Restaurant in Alhambra, CA :: This dim sum was da bomb! I always look forward to taro dumplings & King Hua did not disappoint.
- J.J. Bakery :: Loved how fresh these baked goods were & it was super fun going around picking out new things to try.
So we did a lot in a little time (not even scratching the surface), but I already can’t wait to go back to L.A.!