I had the opportunity to meet Whole Food’s very own Chad Sarno, Chef & Culinary Educator for their Health Starts Here program. Here’s a quick recap of my night with the man himself!
Our evening began with canapes, libations, & a little mixin’ & a minglin’. On the canape menu:
– pumpkin risotto cups with chestnuts & spices
– cucumber with cashew herb cheese & balsamic figs
– crostini with artichoke pesto & wild mushrooms horseradish
– almond nog (with a homemade almond milk base)
– ganache parfait with drunken berries
And as if these tasty treats weren’t enough…we had a chance to see the Chef demo some of his holiday favorites, with a twist! Take a peak at this spread:
– shaved fennel & apples with toasted pecans & mandarin vinaigrette
– chanterelle madeira gravy
– celeria & parsnip mash
– crusted tempeh cutlets
All of tonight’s tastings really did reflect the Health Starts Here Eating Principles (1. Whole Food / 2. Plant Strong / 3. Healthy Fats / 4. Nutrient Dense) & further confirmed my belief that is possible to have a healthy, happy holiday season 🙂
Be sure to check out @WFM_Nashville on Twitter & their hashtag #healthyholidays to find more details about our night with Chef Chad Sarno.