Happy Friday, friends!
I am so so so (infinitely so’s!) excited to end the week with today’s blog post. EEEK!
A couple of weeks back I had the pleasure of meeting the beautiful mind and manager behind the 12 South Farmers Market, Mary Self, and it was one of those immediate connections that gives you warm fuzzies 🙂 For this 2016 farmers market season, I am so honored to be creating nutritious recipes for you from ingredients I find only at the 12 South Farmers Market, which happens every Tuesday from 3:30 – 6:30 PM at Sevier Park — 3000 Granny White Pike, Nashville, TN 37212. (You can find their complete vendor list here.)
So for the Grand Opening Fiesta that took place on May 3rd, the overwhelming smell of fresh spring strawberries was in the air and I just couldn’t pass them up! And with all the gorgeous greens available I decided to make a spring-inspired salad that you could enjoy morning, noon or night. Here’s the recipe…
- 1 handful of Bountiful Blessings spinach, de-stemmed
- 1 handful of Bountiful Blessings arugula
- 1/2 cup Bountiful Blessings organic strawberries, halved
- 1 Tbsp Noble Springs goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 Bountiful Blessings eggs, medium-boiled and halved
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- Dash of fresh ground black pepper
- Place spinach, arugula, strawberries, goat cheese, and eggs in a salad bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and drizzle 1 tablespoon over salad greens. Season to taste with fresh ground black pepper!
Ugh, guys. This spring salad is so fresh. (Like literally and in a super-hip kinda way.) It’s overflowing with nutrition — strawberries are high in Vitamin C, spinach is an excellent source of fiber and high in iron, arugula is an excellent source of Vitamin A, goat cheese is lower in fat than cheese made with cow’s milk, and well eggs are just egg-cellent (as well as high in protein). Hope y’all enjoy all this salad’s goodness as much as I do!
And if you wanna receive these recipes every other week, be sure to sign-up for the 12 South Farmers Market newsletter here.
Tell me, what do YOU make with your favorite Farmers Market finds?
DISCLOSURE: This post is sponsored by the 12 South Farmers Market. I was compensated for my time the products mentioned in this post. All opinions stated are my own.