How’s your August going? I just can not believe we’re nearing fall. (I am NOT ready for a chill in the air. That means winter is coming.)
But before I get too ahead of myself… I’m excited to share a fresh, fast recipe that keeps the summer feeling alive! First, check out what I purchased at the 12 South Farmers Market…
Wondering what I’m whipping up with these 4 simple ingredients? Today, I’m making a Simple Summer Panzanella!
Here are my crunchy homemade croutons!
- 1/2 BAKERY by frothy monkey Demi Baguette, cubed
- 2 Tbsp Galena Garlic Company olive oil
- 1 tsp Galena Garlic Company Greek Seasoning
- 1 pint Delvin Farms cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 package Noble Springs Dairy feta, crumbled
- 1 handful Beaverdam Creek basil, chiffonaded
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees and combine the olive oil and seasoning in a small bowl.
- Spread the cubed bread on a rimmed baking sheet and using a pastry brush, lightly coat the cubes with the olive oil and seasoning mixture.
- Bake the cubed bread until they are dried out and pale golden brown at the edges. (About 7-15 minutes.) Then let them cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, feta, basil and remaining olive oil and seasoning mix.
- When ready to serve, add in the toasted bread cubes and enjoy!
These is such a simple recipe even the kiddos can do it! Don’t wait until these summer staples are gone from your local farmers market.
Additional optional ingredients that make this salad yummy too include cucumbers, bell peppers, onion or favorite vinegar.
What’s you favorite summer time salad? Tell me in the comments below!
Pst! Like this recipe? Check out my other 12 South Farmers Market recipe creations here.
DISCLOSURE: This post is sponsored by the 12 South Farmers Market. I was compensated for my time the products mentioned in this post. All opinions stated are my own.