Hope you’ve finally recovered from the long holiday weekend. (Just in time for the next haha.)
I recently had the chance to visit a dear friend in Birmingham, AL and by some stroke of luck we scored a reservation at the acclaimed Hot and Hot Fish Club. One of their seasonal menu staples is their Tomato Salad. Now I know it doesn’t sound all that interesting or special, but boy does it taste like summer with its thick tomato slices, fresh corn and basil! Mmmm! Today, I’m sharing a Summertime Tomato Stacker recipe inspired by Hot and Hot Fish Club’s famously delicious Tomato Salad. Keep scrolling for more!
My 12 South Farmers Market finds!
- 2 ears of Bountiful Blessings Farm corn, shucked
- 1 clove of Bountiful Blessings Farm garlic, minced
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 large Bountiful Blessings Farm tomato, 1/4" slices
- 3 Tbsp Noble Springs Dairy Garlic & Herb Chevre
- 1 slice Triple L Ranch Hickory Smoked Uncured Pork Bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 2 Tbsp chiffonaded fresh Delvin Farms basil
- Set out the chevre to bring it to room temp.
- Shave the kernels off the corn cobs.
- In a small pan on medium-high heat, sauté the corn kernels and minced garlic in a little bit of extra virgin olive oil.
- Cook the corn just until tender and add black pepper to taste, then remove the pan from heat.
- Layer a tomato slice with 1 Tbsp chevre followed by a generous scoop of corn. Repeat.
- Sprinkle the layers with the bacon and basil.
This is such a pretty and simple salad option that’s a nice change from your typical salad mix! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and if you have any special recipe requests from the market, please let me know in the comments below!
Pst! Like this recipe? Check out my other 12 South Farmers Market recipe creations here.
DISCLOSURE: This post is sponsored by the 12 South Farmers Market. I was compensated for my time the products mentioned in this post. All opinions stated are my own.