I am so excited to share the tastiest lettuce wraps I’ve ever created. Seriously. One of my favorite meals my mom makes is her homemade lettuce wraps. They’re fresh, filling and oh so flavorful. It’s kinda incredible how you can turn such simple ingredients into something so savory. Can we say #UmamiOverload?!
Keep scrolling to check out my farmer’s market fresh version using ingredients exclusively from my neighborhood 12 South Farmers Market 🙂
- 1 bunch Delvin Farms spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 head Beaverdam Creek Farm orange cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head Beaverdam Creek Farm butter lettuce, washed
- 1/2 nest Nicolettos super garlic pasta, cooked
- 1 carton Beaverdam Creek Farm oriental sprouts
- 1 bunch cilantro (optional)
- PEANUT SAUCE
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Nut Butter Nation peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- In a pan on medium heat, sautée just the chopped spring onion bulbs in the sesame oil, garlic, ginger powder, soy sauce and fish sauce.
- Add the cauliflower to the pan along with 1/4 cup water. Cook covered for 3 minutes, or until tender.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, whisk together all the peanut sauce ingredients until incorporated.
- Cook the cauliflower uncovered for an additional minute.
- Remove lettuce wrap mixture from heat and stir in the pasta until incorporated.
- To serve, layer lettuce wrap mixture, sprouts and remaining green onions in lettuce.
- Drizzle with peanut sauce and enjoy!
OMG you guys. So I love how you can throw practically anything in lettuce wraps, but am sooo pleased with how the flavor of these turned out! If you want to add more protein to this vegetarian-friendly meal, scrambled up some eggs, throw in some soybeans or mix in some lean ground meat (like chicken, turkey or ground beef).
Does your family have a favorite Asian night meal? Tell me in the comments below!
Pst! Like this recipe? Check out my other 12 South Farmers Market recipe creations here.
DISCLOSURE: This post is sponsored by the 12 South Farmers Market. I was compensated for my time the products mentioned in this post. All opinions stated are my own.